1. 1, 2, 3, modified “waltz” (avoid 3 nets on par 3’)
… 1net on holes 1, 4, 7, (F); 12 ,15,18 (B)
… 2 nets on holes 2, 5, 8 (F); 11, 14, 17 (B)
… 3nets on holes 3, 6, 9 (F); 10,13,16 (B)
2. Flighted -
3. Flighted -
4. 1 net (or 1 gross) 3’s,1 gross &1 net 4’s, 2 net 5’s
5. “choker” hole 2 nets
6. 1 net 3’s & 5’s, 3 nets 4’s
7. 3 nets, throw out worst hole
8. 2 nets (massie on 4’s)
9. 2 nets 4’s & 5’s, 1 net each cart 3’s (A&C B&D)
10. 1 net3’s, 2 nets 4’s, 3 nets 5’s
11. 1 gross,1net all holes
12. Roller Coaster 321, 123, 321, (note #15 on back has 3 nets)
Join the Gold Tees
July 25, 2018
New Members -
Frank Hawkins -
$5.00 each week you play
($ .50 to Treasury
$2.00 to Bag Drop
$2.50 Weekly Prizes)
Annual President’s Award
This is being revised. Update due by mid-
The payout for a Hole-
The fund will be replenished when the annual dues are paid at a cost of $2.00 per member. The replenishment amount will be adjusted accordingly if there are multiple hits to the fund during the year.
Example: Since we had a Hole-
Gold Tees Executive Committee
May 18, 2012
The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog
FUN and FELLOWSHIP are two of the main visions of our Gold Tee League.
The objective of these suggestions is to try and minimize the waiting time in the Club House as the groups of golfers complete their play.
We all enjoy the Joke of the Day by Paul Kelly and also having the “winners” called out and given their “chits”. The photos that show up on the web site each week and the newspaper results are appreciated by all of us.
The following are suggestions we would like to try in the coming weeks to finish the rounds in a minimum amount of time. We would appreciate it if you would follow these suggestions when you fall behind the group in front of you.
1. Play ready golf – from the tee to the green, for example, whoever gets to the tee first should hit away. If you’re at your ball in the fairway without anyone in your way – hit the ball even if you’re not further away from the green than other balls. Assuming you’re not in the line of flight of (a ball of) someone behind you.
2. Cart driving – drop off a person and move on to the second ball. Especially if the balls (from one cart) aren’t too far apart. Another option is parking the cart between you and your cart mate’s ball and each walk to your respective balls.
3. Lost balls and Out of Bounds – hit a provisional ball if you think you may have a lost ball or it went out of bounds. If you cannot find your ball and drop one where you “think” it want out of bounds. However, you cannot use your score.
4. Pick up ball if out of the hole for scoring – depending on the game and situation use your judgment and pick up your ball if your score is irrelevant to the foursome’s score for a particular hole. Remember, double net bogey is your max score.
5. Record score without delaying play -
6. Put golf club away quickly -
Gold Tees Executive Committee
Vince Franco -
Paul Kelly -
John Melzer -
Al Britsch, Paul Lempert & Henry Woltman -
Dale Guzlas -
John McLaughlin -
Jerry Mithen -
Frank Hawkins -
Ed Sheldon, Jim Conway, Al Carline &
Bob Thompson -
George Gabelman: 75 on July 12th (7/12/1943)
Terry Tuttle: 75 on July 15th (7/15/1943)
Al Britsch: 75 on August 6th (8/6/1943)
Gary Clifford: 70 on August 25th (8/25/1948)
Jerry Mithen: 70 on August 25th (8/25/1948)
Vinnie Esposito: 80 on August 31st (8/31/1938)
Wednesday, Jan 17, Pizza – after golf Club House (CH)
Wednesday, Feb 7, Chili Bowl -
Tuesday, Feb 13, EC Meeting – 11 am to 2 pm, Pool House (PH)
Wednesday, Mar 7, GT BBQ – 3:30 pm to 7 pm (PH)
Tuesday, Mar 20, GT Dinner – 11 am to 7 pm (PH)
Wednesday, April 18, GT Spaghetti Dinner – after golf (CH)
Tuesday, May 8, EC Meeting – 11 am to 2 pm (PH)
Wednesday, May 23, GT BBQ – 3:30 pm to 7 pm (PH)
Wednesday, Jun 27, GT Member-
Wednesday, Jul 18, GT BBQ – after golf (PH)
Tuesday, Aug 14, EC Meeting – 11 am to 2 pm (PH)
Wednesday, Aug 15, GT BBQ – after golf (PH)
Wednesday, Sep 12, GT Annual Tournament
Wednesday, Sep 19, GT Annual Tournament BBQ – after golf (PH)
Wednesday, Oct 10, GT M-
Tuesday, Nov 13, EC Meeting – 11 am to 2 pm (PH)
Tuesday, Dec 4, GT Christmas Party – 5 pm to 9 pm (CH)
New Members $15
Three players rotate the seven extra drives; (play your own ball on par 3’s).
The rotation order is as follows: the highest handicap player would get two drives on Holes #1, #6 and #9 (or #10, #14 and #18); the next highest handicap player would get two drives on Holes #3 and #7 (or #11 and #16); the low handicap player would get two drives on Holes #4 and #8 (or #13 and #17). This order cannot be changed.
First drive is the players, second drive is the blind’s.
The blind is subject to the same rules as the players – e.g. if the game is three maximum and one minimum drive, the blind must meet the same requirements.
Your team will be given a score closest to the blind’s handicap.
Dan & Charlie
Rollover to enlarge
August 8, 2018
The following are the rules used during Gold Tee Play:
1. Texas Scramble Drive – The ball may be placed within 1 club length of where the drive comes to rest. If the ball is in a hazard or rough it must remain in same.
2. All balls may be played as “lift clean and place”
a. In fairway – within 1 club length. If the ball comes to rest in an area without grass, it may be moved to the nearest spot having grass no closer to the hole.
b. In beds, rough, woods, waste bunkers and sand traps – within 6 inches of where it came to rest.
3. Lost Ball or Out of Bounds – the ball can be played within 2 club lengths of where the ball came to rest. With a lost ball within 2 club lengths of where it is believed the ball should be. A 1 stroke penalty is assessed.
4. In a hazard (red stake) – the ball can be played from the hazard without a penalty. In this situation the ball cannot be touched nor the club be grounded. If the ball is not played from the hazard, it can be moved 2 club lengths while incurring a 1 stroke penalty.
5. Drop Areas (holes #7, #9, #14 & #15) – the ball may be placed in the drop area.
6. Line of sight relief (no closer to the hole) is being granted on hole #2 when the ball comes to rest behind the tall grass at the edge of the waste area or adjacent to the area reinforced with wood and also on hole #11 where the bunker wall has been reinforced with wood.
7. “Gimmie Putts” – No putt can be considered “good” unless it has been measured and some part of the ball is within the leather. The measurement is the putter head is placed inside the cup and some of the ball must be inside the grip. If the ball is picked up or pushed away without being measured, the score cannot be counted toward the team score.
8. Root rule – the ball may be moved away from any roots near your ball to protect the player from injury.
Pecking Order Specifics
The following represents the July 23, 2018 group membership and the methodology associated with implementing the Pecking Order (Our 4 Social Members – Brugge, Kelly, Murren, and Rice are not included in this listing):
1. Gold Tee Officers (10) – Britsch, Franco, Guzlas, Hawkins, Lempert, McLaughlin, Melzer, Mithen, Philips, and Woltman.
2. Tradition residents and TGC members (41) – Baker, Barksdale, Campbell, Carline, Caufield, Clifford, Conway, Cronin, Culpepper, Culver, D’Amato, Davis, DiGaudio, Eaglin, Espey, Esposito, Foderaro, Fleiss, Fulton, Goodell, Hayes, Hoile, Jacobs, Keller, Krepps, MacDonald, Mandroc, Mayer, McDowell, Mitchell, Monaghan, Pacella, Renault, Rubin, Schwarz, Sheldon, Stacey, Stewart, Strasser, Swanson, and Wittig.
4. Tradition residents who are not TGC members and have been a member of the Gold Tees prior to December 31, 2015 (20) – Akers, Bartha, Bowers, D’Attilio, Heilberg, Kemper, Kendall, Kramer, Krauth, MacSorely, McElroy, Migas, Muratore, Robic, Sandham, Seibert, Thompson, Wegner, Werczynski and Wilton.
6. New Tradition residents and non-
7. Guests – this group would be the first to be cut if we had an excess of players relative to tee times.
Birdies at River Club:
John McLaughlin on par 3 #2
Jim Spataro on par 4 #4
Frank Hawkins on par 4 #5
Dave Philips on par 5 #6
John Gaston on par 5 #6
John Gaston on par 4 #9
George Baker on par 3 #14